Friday, May 27, 2011

back to where we have started off

Yesterday I met up with the OC (Sam, Jenn and Willie) at Marina Square Starbucks. Starbucks has become my favorite working and studying place for this semester. We had spent almost whole day setting our directions right, brainstorming for ideas and also to prepare for tomorrow's meeting with Managing Committee (MC) VP PBoX, Josh. Things didn't turn out well during the meeting at SMU. It's not what josh had said to us, but is what we have tried to communicate to him. We, the OC did not actually have a meeting with our VP PBoX, Audi. And whatever Audi communicated to josh was, 'the planning team this, the planning team that..'. The OC ain't the planning team, we are regarded as the execution team in the first place. confusing eh?

Josh highlighted a very important point - What is your passion? As said by David Sarnoff, nobody can be successful unless he loves his work. Our tongues seemed to be tied at the instant. No one really asked us that before. Surprisingly, the so-called passion from the planning team was because the beneficiary has agreed to be our beneficiary. That explains the headless passion. To make the situation worse, preparation was not done - proposals, sponsorships, etc. This is indeed worrying and, Willie is flying off to beijing tonight for 8 days.

It’s kinda interesting. I see this pattern over and over and over again and I wonder if it is just me or if it is something (obviously) I need to work on. When fear appears or I get scared, I shut down. I know this is something that i need to work extremely hard on, to overcome.

Putting aside all the worries, we went to the movies after lunch. Audi and Vincent went to play lan while me, Sam and Jenn went to get some shopping done. Along with Silu, the guys met us back at Shaw Lido for the showing of Fast and Furious 5.

my motivation <3 Vin Diesel

His leadership was greatly admired.

I didn't have much appetite during dinner. Mind was in a whirl. All about PBoX..

Damnit.